Monday, October 6, 2008

Nostalgia

good morning monday. 6:30am.....again. it's okay, i secretly look forward to the uninterrupted between-the-two-of-us time.

this morning was cool enough for me to turn on the heat and when the familiar, yet forgotten aroma of warm air came up through the vents, it sent memories to the surface of my mind. memories of childhood. memories of fall and winter. memories of warmth in the cool. even memories of hot cocoa sprung in my head.

i love fall.

once life sprang to the house, and my two eldest plodded down the stairs, they brought even more nostalgia of smells and sights as they each found an air vent and curled up over and around it with a blanket. memories of my childhood skipped through my head as i recollected images of a cold little girl curling up around a heating vent with a blanket; soaking in the warmth of that air.

i love fall.

No comments: