Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Finish What Ya Start

i have fabric that has been waiting to become a pillow for nearly 3 years now. i have pictures that need to be hung, paint that is waiting to be put on a wall, and closets that are screaming at me wanting to be organized.

i've spoken on resistance and in turn effort. but what about procrastination? non-dedication? laziness? or is it just plain getting side-tracked? who knows. i certainly don't. i only know that i've found a new motto that seems to fit every subject and seems to help me trudge along.

finish what you start.

sounds easy, right? perhaps for some it is. me, on the other hand, i find it not so easy. i haven't found the concrete reason why i find it so hard to accomplish such a simple sounding task. perhaps it will take some time meditating over what is in my ancestrial make up that drives me to behave this way. for now, i'm trying to live by my new motto. and so far i'm finding it difficult but rewarding. it's amazing what that special word 'effort' has pressed me to do.

can you imagine if we all finished what we started? ....

No comments: